DocPad is a plain text editor with many advantages over Notepad: bookmarks, case conversion, file history, jump to line, jump to offset, keyboard macros, print preview, search and replace, spell check, variable pitch font, and much more.
DocPad is a completely free software. You can free download and use it as long as you like.
DocPad is a superior alternative to Notepad.
DocPad is a superior alternative to Notepad. Although it fills the same role, plain text editing, it has many advantages: 10-level undo, alphabetization, block indent/unindent, bookmark, case conversion, encoding conversion, file history, jump to line, jump to offset, keyboard macros, print preview, search and replace, spell checking, statistics, variable pitch font, and much more. It also includes a built-in calculator, calendar, and character map.
- 10-level undo
- Alphabetization of paragraphs
- Block indention and unindention
- Calculator, calendar, and character map tools
- Convert various encodings including Base-64, Quoted-Printable, UTF-7, etc.
- Convert to lower/upper/title/sentence case
- Cut, copy, and paste
- File association tool
- File drag & drop
- Help file
- Jump to line/character
- Keyboard macros (unlimited in size and number)
- Normalize spaces
- Print, Print Preview
- Recent file history
- Search and replace, including case-insensitive, whole-word, and wildcard searches.
- System Requirements: 66 Mhz. CPU, 32 MB RAM
|| 55 s
|| 28 s
|| 14 s
|| 06 s
|| 03 s